Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today. While you are cruzing my pages and listening to some relaxing music, I hope you will find one of my creations that will inspire you. I love to be creative with my own little twist. Before you leave, be sure to sign my guest book, or become a follower. You might also wish to leave me a comment letting me know you were here. Until next time!

Linky Followers-Non Blogger Platform

Follow My Blog

Blog Item~ questions

Contact me at d_swat@comcast.net
Comments brighten my day!
Click photos for a close up view.

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot DT/ Goes Pink!!!











Happy Mon.!

Hi~ya All!

I'm baacckkk! A very happy Monday to everyone on this first Monday of October. I hope everyone is well, and happy to see all my friends return for our first Cuttlebug Spot challenge. I am so happy to be one of the three returning designers here on the team, along with 12 new wonderful members. Lets give our new members a warm welcome to the team, and please leave comments for them. This can only encourage them to create more for your viewing pleasure. As a new design team member I can tell ya', you have butterflies in your stomach, not knowing what the reaction will be from visitors. So lets make them feel right at home, OK?

This week over at The Cuttlebug Spot, our challenge is "Think Pink" to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness this month. I'm sure many of you know or have known ladies that have had to battle this dreadful disease. The words of encouragement can only help them to remain strong and optimistic. I have two friends that have went thru this, one just last year, and I send her cards that I make to let her know she is not alone. This card I will be sending to her.

My card is rather simple, I am almost ashamed to admit it, I used all scrap cardstock on here. When I made my Mother's day cards I used the design paper, and pearlescent cardstock for them. These are some of the pieces I had left, along with the vanilla cardstock for the base. I cut the sentiment out of SU's pretty/pink and very vanilla, and glittered it along with my pink ribbon diecut with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The background I embossed with the pink ribbon textured plate, and cut the pink ribbon diecut 3 times on my Cuttlebug. I needed it to be strong almost like chipboard to glitter and add my embellishments. Finally I used my MS loop punch, which to me they look like little ribbons, did a punch around the page, and border across the top. A few pink and ivory pearls, with ribbon and bow, and there you have it. Be sure to visit The Cuttlebug Spot as my new DT brother/sisters make their debut. You will find loads of talent here, and great inspiration, and it is so much fun.
Hope to read lots of comments, and see what you come up with for this challenge.
Have a great week everyone!

Hugz, xx


"Um Buggin"

15 Comments:

Velta said...

Wow Lillie this is amazingly pink!! Great cause and who woulda thought you made this with only scraps?? Not me!! TFS :)

flowerdisco said...

Sometimes less is better and Simplicity is eternally classy. and with that said :) I love the simplicity of your card....very refreshing.

Carole Beath said...

Lillie, this is such a lovely lovely card. It just beams with the wonderful cause.
Carole

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Lillie, I am with Velta, I need would have thought you used only scraps on this... Just gorgeous. hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Just gorgeous, Lillie! Lovin' that background embossing plate! So elegant and YOU! Great job with the scraps, girlfriend! xxD

Jennifer Stricker said...

Love this card! Glad to be on the DT with you.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the pearly ribbon!
Helen x

Donna said...

What wonderful detail, Lillie! It's just gorgeous. So glad that we are design team sisters! Have a wonderful week.

Brenda said...

Lillie your card is so soft and pretty!! I am so happy to be joining you and the design team, this is going to be fun.

GiuliaG. said...

Lillie, I love your card and so happy to be working with you at The Cuttlebug Spot.

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Oh Lillie, you may think it's a simple card but it turned out absolutely beautiful! I think your friend will love and cherish it!

Sandi said...

Lillie it is just the most fem card, love love love it. Hugs

Kerry said...

Lillie, I just love your card, so feminine. Love all the little pearls.

Theresa said...

amazing card! glad to be joining you on the team.

~JulieH~ said...

Lillie this is soo delicate and feminine. So beautifully designed and look at all those pearls! This is a stunning ard my friend
Hugs
Juliexx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin