Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today. While you are cruzing my pages and listening to some relaxing music, I hope you will find one of my creations that will inspire you. I love to be creative with my own little twist. Before you leave, be sure to sign my guest book, or become a follower. You might also wish to leave me a comment letting me know you were here. Until next time!

Linky Followers-Non Blogger Platform

Follow My Blog

Blog Item~ questions

Contact me at d_swat@comcast.net
Comments brighten my day!
Click photos for a close up view.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Scary Halloween!~Cuttlebug D/T Card~Fright Night!





Hi~ya All!

A very happy Monday to everyone, I hope your week is off to a great start. Our weather is getting to be more autumn, cooling down a lot. Yesterday we actually had rain, and Saturday I had to use the AC. Weird isn't it.

This week at the Cuttlebug Spot our theme is "Scary Halloween." My card was a real hum dinger!! The skeleton head was cut on my Cricut, using another software that I have MTC. There were so many parts to this design, that it taken over 30 minutes for it to finish cutting, it's so intricate. This design was 10x10 in size and I scaled it down to 5 inches. It was suppose to have the spider and webs cut, but after resizing was done, it was tearing because it was so small. There are some fabulous artists on the forum, and the one who designed this is awesome. I used 3 different CB folders, and the spider and bat dies are also CB. Believe it or not, I had to adhere the teeth to the skeleton head with tweezers one by one, lol.

"Fright Night" was cut from the B/L cartridge, and I doodle with a white gel pen over the spider webs and sentiment. The spider is popped with dimensionals, an the bats are in flight on black wire. I also used the MS drippy goo for the blood running from the brains, and the MS spider web corner punch at the corners. Well, is this scary enough for you? Be sure to come and check out what my D/T brother/sisters have cooked up for you, you will be freaked out! If you are really bold, you will come and play along with us on this "Scary Halloween" challenge. Have a great week all!

Hugz, xx

"Um Buggin"

20 Comments:

~JulieH~ said...

OMG Lillie this is absolutely awesome!!! What a fantastically spooky skull!! Ok ok now I know I need MTC! Is it easy to use?
Fabulous take on the challenge this week my friend!
Hugs
Juliexx

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is totally frightful! I think this is the scariest one iv seen! well done. i love it !!!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH! Lillie!!! That is the freakiest thing, EVER!!! Girl, this is amazing and totally creeps me out! LOVE the blood and the yellow teeth! AWESOME card, girlfriend!!!!

Sandi said...

omg Lillie, that is one frightful card, the detail is amazing, the colors are right on, Halloween has taken on a new artful meaning this year and you helped. Hugs

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Awesome card Lillie, love all the details you have put into it. Looks like you are really liking the MTC.

Jannie said...

Boy is he scary! Aiks (ala Scooby Doo) very well done! Good job DT buddy!

Can't wait to see what you make next time!

Jennifer Stricker said...

I actually said EEECK out loud when I saw your card! It is crazy frightful!

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous - the embossing on the skull looks great!
Helen x

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy CRAP!!! Lillie, you said i would be scary, but I had no idea! I know I'm gonna have nightmares...(not really)! I ADORE this! xxD

Kelly said...

WOW...You did an awesome job on this Lillie! It is so lifelike and totally creepy! The blood and embossing is awesome. You really put a lot of thought into this!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Lillie, you've created another amazingly awesome card!!! It is VERY well done, my friend!!! I just LOVE how absolutely frightening it is!!!

You and Donna definitely have the imaginations for the macabre!

Hugs!

flowerdisco said...

this skull is super spooky. love every detail...including the dental work ;)

Brenda said...

Oh my now that is frightful!! Awesome job on this card.

Velta said...

Oh my word Lillie ~ Scared me to death when I saw this completely, totally "off the top" creation! My goodness you are good at your craft girl! Thanks for sharing and for using your tweezers too...LOL...have a great week Lils :)

Pinnacles said...

Hi Lillie, OMG! I don't know what to say aprt from WOW!!!.. Great Job!!! Andy

Lana Clarke said...

Jeepers creepers Lillie!
What an awesome frightful and spooky creation!
Fabulous detail
Hugs
Lana x

Donna said...

Lillie, you would get my vote for the scariest card this week! What an awesome card. Hope you have a great week!

Carolyn said...

This is the most incredible Halloween card I have seen!!! I hope you enter it into some contests because it will win big time. I have been considering buying the MTC. tfs

GiuliaG. said...

Wow Lillie, this is spooktacular for sure....outstanding job with this challenge...couldn't get more scary than that!

Kerry said...

Love the skull and it's very scary.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin