Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today. While you are cruzing my pages and listening to some relaxing music, I hope you will find one of my creations that will inspire you. I love to be creative with my own little twist. Before you leave, be sure to sign my guest book, or become a follower. You might also wish to leave me a comment letting me know you were here. Until next time!

Linky Followers-Non Blogger Platform

Follow My Blog

Blog Item~ questions

Contact me at d_swat@comcast.net
Comments brighten my day!
Click photos for a close up view.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sympathy Cards~Here I Go Again!!!







Happy Mother's Day All!!

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying your Mother's Day. I am relaxing and doing a little crafting today. Well, I have three sympathy cards to make, and this is one of them. My Mom called me yesterday and told me Mother Wright had passed away. She was 87 years young. I met this kind lady some years ago when I used to volunteer as a bingo caller, at a charity in Oakland. She and her children, would cook food to feed the homeless, and anyone who needed food. What a beautiful person, who would care for others in her own way. You will be missed Mother Wright.
Anyway I made this sympathy card for my Mom to give to her family. I used HA for the butterfly, and WC for the sentiment. I also did a finger ribbon fold technique, which I used when I owned my florist. That was over 20 years ago, but I guess all those techniques stays with you. I added table confetti florets, pearls, SU card stock and designer papers. I then embossed the top layer of card stock and paper in my Cuttlebug, and I used my MS border punch down the side. The inside is lined with card stock and design paper, and the sentiment is printed on vellum. That's it for today, enjoy!!!!


"Um Buggin"


8 Comments:

DeeDee said...

BEAUTIFUL! WOW, It's so perfect for a sympathy card! GREAT job girlie!

DonnaMundinger said...

Lillie,this is GORGEOUS! Truly breathtaking girlfriend. Elegance is certainly your forte my dear. so sorry you need to do these, but they certainly will be appreciated. Happy Mother's Day! Hugs, D

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Lillie I have to echo Donna's words this is truly breathtaking and I'm sure te family will truly appreciate the time and love put into this card. I love the finger ribbon technique you used. A florist! Who knew! what a woman of many talents you are. Beautiful beautiful card.
Happy mothers day to you my frind

Hugs

Chrissy C said...

WOW! That is STUNNING! I love everything about it!

Sorry to hear the news...but I'm sure the family will appreciate it.

You do fabulous work girlfriend!

Karen said...

This is beautiful!! It absolutely captured my attention! :>

So sorry that you have the need for three sympathy cards all at once.

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

What a wonderful life! Sorry to hear of your loss. The card is stunning. Loved visiting your blog again!

Enfys said...

Totally beautiful Lillie.
hugs
En x

Sandi said...

Lillie, it is magical, the colors are inspiring and all your detail, it will be so appreciated. Have a great week. Sandi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin