Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today. While you are cruzing my pages and listening to some relaxing music, I hope you will find one of my creations that will inspire you. I love to be creative with my own little twist. Before you leave, be sure to sign my guest book, or become a follower. You might also wish to leave me a comment letting me know you were here. Until next time!

Linky Followers-Non Blogger Platform

Follow My Blog

Blog Item~ questions

Contact me at d_swat@comcast.net
Comments brighten my day!
Click photos for a close up view.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mother's Day Gift/~Sympathy Cards!













Happy Sat.!!


Hi~ya All!!

WOW!! Is it ever hot here. We are having a hot weekend, it is 98 degrees here and it is suppose to hit the triple digits tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and staying cool. I wanted to share with you my Mother's Day gift from my daughter. She surprised me with a photo studio, which was delivered yesterday. What a nice surprise, I wasn't expecting anything. Although it arrived a few days late, it was a big surprise to me, because she just wished me a happy mother's day on the actual day. I love it, and it is so much better than having to use my ott lite. When I am photographing a shot that has mirror image, it tends to give off a glare, and messes with the actual colors. Here are a couple of cards that I shot with my new toy. I can already tell, I'm going to love this! Oh, and I made a promise to myself to use up some of the cut card stock and papers I have in my stash. These cards are from my stash. These are pieces that I have had in a drawer which are excellent for matting a card. Maybe I should start a challenge to use up your stash.
The first card is made with a coated vellum that I used on my Moms Mother's day card last year.
The second card is gorgeous, love that pearlescent on the gold mirror image. These were the other two sympathy cards that I needed to make. Well, I'm working on something for a much more happier occasion. Will catcha later!



"Um Buggin"


9 Comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oooh Lillie! What a fabulous Mother's Day gift and super surprise. Your pictures came out great and these cards are absolutely beautiful. Now go have some fun with Hello Kitty. LOL xxD

Rose said...

fantastic mothers day gift!!! and these two cards are just beautiful. great idea to use scraps...i should try it sometime LOL

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an awesome mothers day gift... How fun and what a surprise... Your cards are absolutely beautiful...

~JulieH~ said...

wow Lillie 2 gorgeous cards! I love how you've placed the butterflies on the second one. How lovely of Nisha and it certainly works well your foil card looks fab!
hugs
Juliexx

Nilda Rockenbach said...

Lucky girl. The photo Studio is on my wishl list.. really makes a difference in the card photos.. I always enjoy your cards, but now they are even better... . Enjoy.

Enfys said...

Super photography Lillie, but of course your cards are so fabby an old box brownie would capture the beauty :)
Enjoy your gift
love
En

Pinklady50 said...

Gorgeous cards as always! Your pics are great-so vivid and clear! Wow, great gift!

Velta said...

You DID have a Happy Mother's Day!!! These cards are awesome Lillie!!! Hard to believe you used scraps...Where can I get a photo studio? Just because...My Mother's Day was the Bestest :)

Kelly said...

What a great Mother's Day gift, and so thoughtful of your daughter! I love these 2 cards, they are absolutley stunning. Stay cool girlfriend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin