Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today. While you are cruzing my pages and listening to some relaxing music, I hope you will find one of my creations that will inspire you. I love to be creative with my own little twist. Before you leave, be sure to sign my guest book, or become a follower. You might also wish to leave me a comment letting me know you were here. Until next time!

Linky Followers-Non Blogger Platform

Follow My Blog

Blog Item~ questions

Contact me at d_swat@comcast.net
Comments brighten my day!
Click photos for a close up view.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Cuttlebug Spot D/T~2 x 2 Note of Thanks!






Happy Mon.!

Hi~ya All!

How is everyone on this first Monday of July? I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July, and didn't eat too much. We had a block party, with live bands, bounce houses for the kids, drinks and food. I actually walked down there after it cooled off, 99 degrees here folks.

OK, we are starting off July with a bang! Our challenge this week is something different as we are using 2 x 2 dies or 2 x 2 CB folders. Now I know almost everyone should have at least one, you should have received some small dies with your Cuttlebug package when you bought it. If you don't have any those will work fine. So come on and join us for this fun challenge this week.

My card uses a little bit of everything. I used the 2 x 2 CB music notes, 2 x 2 CB hearts folder, along with the Spellbinders label and heart diecuts. For my background I embossed the white cardstock with the CB Allegro folder, and then inked it with black SU ink to give it some contrast. It also helped to photograph it better. The sentiment is computer generated, and the black silk ribbon is by May Art Ribbons. The sheer is Offray. I popped the music notes, label, and hearts off the embossing for some dimension. The music note background paper is from my stash, had it a couple of years, and I used a few black adhesive pearls to finish it off. I hope you like my creation this week, and if you do, please leave me a comment letting me know. Now be sure to check out all my D/T sisters wonderful creations, and come play along with us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot. Catcha soon!

"Um Buggin"

8 Comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Well I'm trying to recover, girlfriend. WAY too much food and wine, and not nearly enough sleep. Guests just left. Looking forward to some crafting time today. LOVE your card! You know black and white is one of my fave color combos and the musical theme is just FABULOUS! Your inking really looks good on that Allegro folder too. Wonderful job! xxD

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How fun, a block party. Sounds like you might have had a bit of fun (even in the heat).. Your card is gorgeous, I love it. hugs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Lillie! Love the combination of the die cut music notes and the Allegro embossing folder! Black and white are always a perfect combination!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh I love this fabulouscard Lillie, monochrome is my fav. Lots going on here love al the gorgeous detail! Great take on the challenge my friend
catcha soon I hope!!
Hugs
Juliexx

Kelly said...

What a great card Lillie. I love the monochrome. It's perfect with the musical notes. Great card! Sounds like you had a great 4th of July! Stay cool!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Awesome thank you card! I love the note theme and the black and white combos. The block party sounds like it was awesome!

Velta said...

Hello my friend!!! Glad to hear that your block party was such a hit...where do you live? It is over 100 degrees here in Bama...the heat is so hot...when I left work today I had two cupcakes to bring to my DD...the icing melted before I could get to the car...there was a candy molded palm tree on top of the cupcake and when I opened the door to my car...the palm tree fell over...LOL...it is all good though...when I got home, I immediately put them in the fridge...and though they may look worse for the wear, they will still taste good.

Anyhoo...I do get on a tangent (is that a word?)...Your card is musical to say the least...black and white are color favorites of mine...always and elegant choice...and I applaud you!!! Take care!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lillie, love-love-love the card!

99 degrees?!!! Please drink plenty of water and try to stay out of the heat as much as you can!!! This kind of heat really makes me sick.

Hugs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin