Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today. While you are cruzing my pages and listening to some relaxing music, I hope you will find one of my creations that will inspire you. I love to be creative with my own little twist. Before you leave, be sure to sign my guest book, or become a follower. You might also wish to leave me a comment letting me know you were here. Until next time!

Linky Followers-Non Blogger Platform

Follow My Blog

Blog Item~ questions

Contact me at d_swat@comcast.net
Comments brighten my day!
Click photos for a close up view.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Have I been Crafting or Sewing???





Happy Sat.!

Hi~ya All!

I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend. It is one of those lazy type days for me today, I don't feel like crafting or sewing. I just want to relax today, that is why I have a picture and no card. It is a little breezy here, and it is making me want to finish cooking my pot of chicken vegetable soup, and curl up in my bed to watch TV.


Have you ever ordered design paper that you saw, and just had to have? Well, I did and I ordered it and when it got here.........,it was very disappointing. I knew I would never make a card with it, but for the last few days I was thinking of a way to use it. I had seen an article on someones blog on making paper flowers. I am sure there are a lot of them out there on u-tube. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe I found it on my friend Julie's blog from the UK.

Anyway, I just copied the directions down on paper, and went from there. I decided to try it using my Cricut machine, so I searched for a flower to use, and used DS to size it. Well, silly me who always uses RDS on my cricut got the flower the way I wanted it and started to cut. I used 3 inches, but when my flower came out, it was about 1 3/4. It was so tiny, but I decided to use it anyway. This was my results, and I just love them, because they are about 1 inch and just perfect for using on my cards. They did require a little more work being so small.

I was talking on the phone to Donna, and telling her I didn't have any Tattered Angels Spray, and she said you can make your own. That wasn't going to work either, because I didn't have all the ingredients. So I had to improvise, I had purchased some of the UCC adhesive spray for when you are re-sticking your Cricut mats after you clean them. I didn't like it for that, so I though about trying to use it to hold my glitter on. I sprayed 1 shot on my flowers, added some Dazzling diamond glitter from SU, and wha-laa! I have glittered flowers, and when they dry, they have a light glaze coating over them. They are not sticky at all, now how cool is that? Just thought I would share a way to use up that paper that you may not like. Tell me what you think by leaving a comment. Have a great weekend everyone!


"Um Buggin"

12 Comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

ME FIRST!!!! WOW! Are those ever ADORABLE! That sure must have been a chore working with those tiny things but oh so worth it! Love them, girlfriend! xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Lillie theseare so delicate and beautiful. They look like porcelain!Love them!
Hugs
Juliexx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Those turned out just beautiful Lillie. They will look so pretty on your cards.

Teresa said...

Love your flowers. They are absolutely beautiful.

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Wow! They look really great! I think I like the ones with the purple petals... but I think I'm a little bit partial to purple... lol Very cool, I think I'm going to have to hunt up the tutorial.

Jeannie Phillips said...

Hi my sweet friend ... I miss you and love you!...I love your day...soup, the bed.... wonderful kind of day!!... you flowers are to die for... I have to make me some of these!
hugs
Jeannie

Loopylou. said...

oooh lillie they are just beautiful, i am seeing a new line for lillie adding to the cricut and cuttlebug jammies!!! the glitter has come out so pretty and they look so delicate xxxx

Audrey Frelx said...

They came out just beautiful!!! I'm very impressed. And, they do look like porcelain!

Kelly said...

OMG Lillie...you've done a remarkable job on these. I tried it a couple of times, using one of the smaller punches and you are so right...it is a lot of work!Love how you glittered them!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you for your visit, and stopping to leave a comment! I'll always be glad to hear from you.

I also wanted to let you know, I'd be more than happy to have you register one of your beautiful projects into the Contributors Showcase. I hope you feel much better soon, and if you can't make this showcase because you're not up to it, I understand. There's another one every week!

Now you taken care and get all well!!!

Hugs to you!

Lana Clarke said...

OMG Lillie, these are so pretty and delicate!!
Hugs
Lana xoxo

Anonymous said...

LILLIE! They are SO PRETTY!!! Glad you found a use for that paper after all! I love the cuteness of the size... they will look beautiful on your cards! Thanks for the tip on the UCC spray!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin